Hanyang University located in Seoul, South Korea is a private research university. It was founded in 1939 by Kim Lyun-joon, and has since become one of the leading universities in the country. In this article, we will discuss all the details regarding Hanyang University Scholarships.
The university has two campuses – the main campus in Seoul and the ERICA campus in Ansan. It offers undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate programs in various fields including engineering, business, social sciences, humanities, and natural sciences.
Hanyang University has a strong reputation for its engineering programs, and is known for its research in areas such as nanotechnology, biomedical engineering, and sustainable energy. It has also been ranked highly in global university rankings, including the QS World University Rankings and the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
The university has a large student body, with over 30,000 undergraduate and graduate students enrolled.
Hanyang University for International Students
Hanyang University is a popular destination for international students, with a diverse community of students and faculty from over 100 countries. The university offers a range of programs and resources to support international students during their studies.
One of the key resources for international students at Hanyang University is the Office of International Affairs, which provides a range of services including visa support, housing assistance, and cultural orientation programs. The university also offers Korean language courses for international students who want to improve their language skills.
Hanyang University Scholarships
Hanyang University has a number of international scholarships available for international students, including the Global Scholarship and the Hanyang International Scholarship. These Hanyang University Scholarships provide financial support to students who have demonstrated academic excellence and financial need.
In addition, Hanyang University has a number of student clubs and organizations that cater to the interests of international students. These clubs provide opportunities for international students to socialize, network, and get involved in extracurricular activities.
Overall, Hanyang University is a welcoming and supportive environment for international students, with a range of resources and programs designed to help them succeed in their studies and make the most of their time and study in South Korea.
Did you check these latest opportunities:
Details about Hanyang University Scholarships
Host Country: South Korea
Host University: Hanyang University
Financial Assistance: Funded | Fully Funded
Degree Level: Graduate
#1 Hanyang International Excellence Awards
- The scholarship period lasts for one semester.
- The award amount is a reduction of 70%, 50%, or 30% of tuition fees based on evaluation results.
- Students who receive other scholarships, including the GKS Scholarship, are not eligible for this scholarship.
- If a student takes a leave of absence, they will be disqualified from receiving the scholarship.
- Additional points will be awarded based on the student’s TOPIK level.
- Students must possess valid health insurance during the scholarship period.
- The first step involves document screening.
- The second step is an interview, which is only for students who pass the first step. Required document for the interview: Certificate of health insurance Students who fail to submit a valid insurance card or registration certificate will not be eligible for the scholarship.
- The announcement will be made through the official Office of International Affairs homepage.
- Online applications are open every March and September.
- Interviews are held every mid-March and mid-September.
Scholarship Payment Method:
Tuition fees must be paid during the payment period, and the appropriate amount will be refunded to the scholarship recipients by HIEA.
#2 Global Korea Scholarship:
- Recipients of the Global Korea Scholarship will receive a monthly allowance of 500,000 KRW for 12 months.
The “Global Korea Scholarship” has specific qualifications and requirements that must be met to be eligible:
- Must be an international student in their Sophomore/Junior/Senior year. Transfer students must provide transcripts for more than 2 semesters.
- Must have a minimum overall GPA of 80 on a 100 scale.
- Must have a GPA of 80 or above on a 100 scale from the previous semester.
- Must have a TOPIK level of 4 or above.
- Cannot apply for this scholarship if receiving other scholarships from organizations that provide a living allowance of more than 300,000KRW per month.
The selection process involves document screening by NIIED. Required documents include:
- Application form
- Copy of passport
- Certificate of studentship, transcript
- Self-introduction and study plan
- Recommendation letter
- Documentary evidence of activities (TOPIK certificate level 4 or higher, official scores from English competence tests such as TOEFL, TOEIC, voluntary works, record of awards, etc.).
The announcement for the scholarship will be made through the official homepage of NIIED every February.
Scholarship Payment Method:
The monthly allowance will be transferred to the recipient’s bank account at the end of every month.
How to Apply:
Check the announcement and visit the Office of International Affairs to apply.
#3 TOPIK Scholarship
- Admission fee: KRW 40,000 for level 3 and above.
- Scholarship: KRW 190,000 for obtaining level 4 or higher (refer to Application Criteria). The scholarship includes the admission fee (KRW 40,000).
- International Applicants enrolled in a degree program who have obtained a TOPIK certificate after admission.
- Students on leave of absence or who have extended their undergraduate studies or graduate studies are not eligible.
- Applicants can apply for this scholarship along with other university scholarships.
- Admission fees will be provided regardless of the examination result. Applicants must register for a higher level than their previously obtained level, and the beginner level is not included.
- A scholarship will be provided upon acquiring a higher-level certificate. Level 6 certificate holders can receive the scholarship if their certificates have expired or have less than 5 months until their expiration date.
Applicants must apply on the TOPIK homepage, participate in the test, and submit the result.
Required Documents (After the test):
Applicants must submit their TOPIK certificate, a copy of their bank account, their previous TOPIK certificate (if any), and a copy of their health insurance.
For more information visit here for Hanyang University scholarships, Official Site.