Ajou University is a private research university located in Suwon, South Korea. It was established in 1973 as Ajou Engineering Institute and was granted university status in 1979. The university offers undergraduate and graduate programs in various fields such as engineering, natural sciences, humanities, social sciences, medicine, and business.
Ajou University is well-known for its strong focus on research and innovation, with extensive partnerships and collaborations with industry and academia both in Korea and internationally. The university has several research institutes and centers dedicated to specific areas of study such as biomedical engineering, nanotechnology, environmental science, and globalization studies.
Ajou University has a diverse student body of approximately 15,000 students, including around 3,500 international students from over 80 countries. The university has a strong international presence, with partnerships and exchange programs with universities around the world.
The campus of Ajou University is situated on a hillside overlooking Suwon City, and it features modern facilities and amenities, including research labs, libraries, sports facilities, and student housing.
Check this – Hanyang University Scholarships
Ajou University for international students
Ajou University is a popular destination for international students, with a diverse student body of approximately 3,500 international students from over 80 countries. The university provides a welcoming and supportive environment for international students, with a range of services and resources to help them succeed.
International students can apply to Ajou University through the International Admissions Office. The university offers undergraduate and graduate programs in various fields such as engineering, natural sciences, humanities, social sciences, medicine, and business. The admission requirements and application procedures vary depending on the program and level of study.
The university provides various support services for international students, including a dedicated International Student Services Center, which offers assistance with immigration, housing, health insurance, and other matters. The university also offers language classes and cultural programs to help international students adapt to life in Korea.
Ajou University offers various scholarships and financial aid options to international students, including tuition waivers, stipends, and scholarships. The university also has partnerships with various international organizations that offer international scholarships and funding opportunities for international students.
Overall, Ajou University provides a supportive and inclusive environment for international students, with high-quality education, modern facilities, and a range of services and resources to help them succeed.
Did you Check – Chung-Ang University Scholarships
Ajou University Scholarships:
Ajou University offers a range of scholarships and financial aid options for international students. Here are some of the available options for Ajou University Scholarships:
Ajou Global Scholarship
The University’s scholarship assessment committee selects the beneficiary upon departmental recommendation. To be eligible, the beneficiary must satisfy any of the following requirements, including Advanced Standing in English or Korean Proficiency Tests such as TOEFL, IELTS, TEPS, and TOPIK.
The scholarship is offered to international students who want to pursue a Master’s and Ph.D. Degree Programs.
The scholarship amount and requirements for Master’s and Doctoral students are as follows:
For the Master’s, the scholarship covers 60% of the tuition fees, and a Level 5 proficiency in TOPIK or a score of 6.0 in IELTS is required for English-speaking applicants. Non-English speaking applicants must have a score of 530 (TOEFL PBT), 197 (TOEFL CBT), 71 (TOEFL IBT), 600 (TEPS), or 5.5 (IELTS).
For Doctoral students, the scholarship covers 80% of the tuition fees, and a score of 6.0 in TOEFL or a Level 5 proficiency in TOPIK is required for English-speaking applicants. Non-English speaking applicants must have a score of 530 (TOEFL PBT), 197 (TOEFL CBT), 71 (TOEFL IBT), 600 (TEPS), or 5.5 (IELTS).
Check out this scholarship: Sogang University Scholarships 2023
Ajou Special Scholarship
- Qualification for scholarships is based on recommendations from the departmental dean and the university’s scholarship assessment committee.
- Outstanding students can be awarded 80% of the tuition for the Master’s program and 100% of the tuition for the Doctoral program.
- The selection process occurs every semester, with a maximum of 50% of registered students being chosen.
- Freshman students may be eligible for the Ajou Special Scholarship, which requires special recommendations from the departmental dean.
- The Ajou Global Scholarship and the Ajou Special Scholarship cannot be awarded at the same time.
- Successful candidates for the Ajou Global Scholarship may receive an additional 20% of tuition.
- Additionally, 50% of registered international students can be selected for scholarships every semester.
- Students who did not earn at least 4 credits or a GPA of 3.5 or higher without any F or U grades in the previous semester or who are returning from a leave of absence are not eligible for scholarships.
- Students who have taken a General Leave of Absence are excluded from the scholarship.
Ajou Medicine and Nursing Scholarship for International Students
- Medicine: Master’s program students selected for the scholarship can receive 75% of tuition. The scholarship is available to all selected students who hold foreign nationality. Doctoral program students selected for the scholarship can receive 100% of the tuition.
- Nursing: Master’s program students selected for the scholarship can receive 100% of tuition. Doctoral program students selected for the scholarship can receive 100% of the tuition.
- Students who have a GPA of 3.0 or higher are eligible for the scholarship for up to 4 semesters in the Master’s program, 6 semesters in the Doctoral program, and 8 semesters in the Integrated program.
- Integrated program students will receive the Master’s scholarship for 1-4 semesters and the Doctoral scholarship for 5-8 semesters.
Ajou Admission Fee Scholarship
- Qualified students for Master’s and Doctoral programs can receive a 100% waiver on the admission fee.
- To be eligible, students must have completed over 4 semesters of the Korean Language Institute at Ajou University and hold a TOPIK level 5 or above.
- Students who have completed over 4 semesters of the Korean Language Institute at Ajou University and hold a TOPIK level 4 are eligible for a 75% waiver on the admission fee.
For more information visit here for Ajou University scholarships, official site here