Pusan National University (PNU) is a prestigious national university located in Busan, South Korea. It is one of the top-ranking universities in South Korea and is known for its excellence in teaching, research, and community engagement. PNU offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs in various fields, including humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, engineering, medicine, business, and more.
PNU has a rich history that dates back to 1946 when it was founded as Busan Medical College. Over the years, it has grown into a comprehensive university with multiple campuses and colleges, including the College of Humanities, College of Social Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, College of Engineering, College of Medicine, College of Business Administration, and many more. PNU has a large student population and attracts students from both within South Korea and internationally.
The university is known for its strong emphasis on research and innovation, with state-of-the-art research facilities and centers dedicated to various fields of study. PNU has a diverse faculty comprising renowned scholars and experts in their respective fields, who are committed to providing high-quality education and conducting cutting-edge research.
Apart from its academic excellence, PNU also has a vibrant campus life with numerous extracurricular activities, clubs, and events that provide a well-rounded educational experience for its students. The university also has a strong focus on community engagement and social responsibility, with various community service programs and initiatives aimed at contributing to the local and global communities.
In summary, Pusan National University is a leading national university in South Korea known for its excellence in teaching, research, and community engagement. With its diverse academic programs, top-notch faculty, and vibrant campus life, PNU offers a comprehensive educational experience for students pursuing their academic and professional goals.
Did you check: 13 Reasons to study in South Korea
Pusan National University for International Students:
Pusan National University (PNU) welcomes international students from around the world and provides various resources and support to ensure a smooth transition and successful academic experience and study in Korea. Here are some key points about PNU for international students:
Admissions: PNU has specific admissions requirements and processes for international students. Applicants typically need to submit their academic transcripts, language proficiency test scores (such as TOEFL or IELTS), letters of recommendation, and other relevant documents. Admissions criteria may vary depending on the program and level of study.
Language of Instruction: The primary language of instruction at PNU is Korean. However, there are also many programs and courses taught in English, especially at the graduate level. PNU offers Korean language programs for international students who wish to improve their Korean language skills.
Scholarships: PNU offers scholarships for international students, such as the Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) provided by the Korean government, as well as university-level scholarships. These scholarships are competitive and awarded based on academic merit and other criteria.
Housing: PNU provides various options for international students’ housing, including on-campus dormitories and off-campus private apartments. The university also offers support for finding suitable accommodation and assists with housing arrangements.
Student Support: PNU has dedicated support services for international students, including an International Office that provides assistance with admissions, immigration, housing, academic advising, and other needs. There are also student clubs and organizations specifically for international students that provide opportunities for cultural exchange and social activities.
Academic Programs: PNU offers a wide range of academic programs at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels, in various fields of study, including humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, engineering, medicine, business, and more. International students have the opportunity to study alongside Korean students and engage in a diverse and dynamic learning environment.
Campus Life: PNU has a vibrant campus life with various extracurricular activities, clubs, sports facilities, and cultural events that provide opportunities for international students to engage with the campus community, make friends, and experience Korean culture.
Location: PNU is located in Busan, the second-largest city in South Korea, known for its beautiful beaches, bustling markets, and vibrant cultural scene. Busan offers a unique blend of modernity and tradition, providing international students with a rich cultural experience.
In summary, Pusan National University offers a supportive environment for international students, with academic programs, international scholarships, housing options, and campus life opportunities that contribute to a fulfilling and rewarding educational experience.
Check this – Best Fellowships in Korea for International Students
Host Country: South Korea
Host University: Pusan National University
Degree level: Undergraduate/Masters/PhD
#1 Scholarship for New/Transfer Undergraduate Students:
- Admission for New & Transfer International Students:
- TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean) Level 6: Full tuition scholarship for the first semester
- TOPIK Level 5: Full tuition scholarship for subsequent semesters
- TOPIK Level 4: Partial tuition scholarship for subsequent semesters
- Special Admission for International Students:
- Students with excellent grades who are admitted through special admission: Full tuition scholarship
- Continuation of scholarship support based on grades achieved during the program period.
#2 PNU Scholarship for International Undergraduates:
- Selection Criteria: Students with excellent grades in the previous semester will be selected from each category, including Humanities & Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Arts, and Physical Education.
- Scholarship Eligibility: Students with excellent GPA who meet the standard of qualification will be eligible for the scholarship.
- Scholarship Amount: The amount of scholarship will vary based on the excellence of grades achieved by the students.
- Standard of Qualification: Students with excellent grades and either TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean) Level 4 or above, OR a certain level of official English score (TOEFL 550/ CBT 210/ iBT 80/ IELTS 5.5/ NEWTEPS 326/ TOEIC 675 or above).
- Amount of Scholarship: Full tuition scholarship, Full tuition scholarship for subsequent semesters (Full tuition II), Half of the tuition scholarship for subsequent semesters (Half of tuition II), or Full tuition scholarship for the first semester (Full tuition I), depending on the corresponding term.
- Additional Note: Other students with excellent grades and TOPIK Level 4 or above may also be eligible for the scholarship.
#3 TOPIK Scholarship for International Undergraduate Standards:
- Standard of Qualification: Students who acquire TOPIK Level 4 or higher after admission, excluding the TOPIK certificate submitted during the admission process.
- Scholarship Amount: KRW 400,000 (Korean Won) for each corresponding term.
- Limitations: Each student can receive the scholarship up to a maximum of 3 times.
- Note: Reacquisition of TOPIK Level 4 or higher will be considered only when a higher level is acquired compared to the previous level.
#1 First-year Scholarship for International Graduate Students:
- Standard of Qualification: Students who are admitted as doctoral or master’s students after graduating from PNU, OR students with TOPIK Level 4 or above, OR a certain level of official English score (TOEFL 550/ CBT 210/ iBT 80/ IELTS 5.5/ NEWTEPS 326/ TOEIC 675 or above).
- Scholarship Amount: Full amount of Tuition II for the first semester for students admitted as doctoral or master’s students after graduating from PNU. Half amount of Tuition II for students with TOPIK Level 4 or above, or a certain level of official English score.
- Period of Benefit: The scholarship will be applicable for the corresponding semester.
#2 International Student Scholarship for International Graduate Students:
- Standard of Qualification: Graduate students with an excellent GPA of at least 3.7 in the previous semester.
- Scholarship Amount: The half amount of Tuition II.
- Period of Benefit: The scholarship will be applicable for the corresponding semester.
#3 Scholarships for Teaching Assistants & Research Assistants:
- New students in general graduate schools: Students with excellent grades in admission.
- Enrolled students in general graduate schools: Students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the last semester, except for certain programs such as School of Medicine, School of Dentistry, School of Korean Medicine, and School of Law which may have lower GPA requirements.
- Teaching Assistants: 230 hours or more of work in a semester, with working dates and time to be discussed with the assigned department.
- Research Assistants: 170 hours or more of work in a semester, with working dates and time to be discussed with the assigned department. (Note: This is tentative information)
- Teaching Assistants: KRW 1,500,000 from “tuition I (includes admission fee) + tuition II”.
- Research Assistants: KRW 1,000,000 from “tuition I (includes admission fee) + tuition II”.