South Korea offers a range of job opportunities for international professionals, including internships. The country has a thriving economy with prominent industries such as technology, automotive, electronics, manufacturing, finance, and entertainment. In this article, we will tell you all the detailed information about British Council Korea English Teaching Jobs.
About British Council:
British Council’s mission is to foster peace and prosperity by fostering connections, fostering understanding, and fostering trust between the people of the United Kingdom and nations around the globe.
British Council directly engage with individuals, empowering them to acquire the necessary skills, confidence, and networks to bring about positive transformations in their lives. Their support includes facilitating the development of networks, encouraging the exploration of innovative ideas, providing English language education, facilitating access to high-quality education, and enabling individuals to attain globally recognized qualifications. Every year many students also come on fully funded scholarships to study in Korea.
With a presence in over 100 countries and active engagement with people in more than 200 countries and territories, we have a significant on-the-ground presence. In the year 2021-22 alone, they reached an astounding 650 million individuals, leaving a profound impact on lives.
Check this latest scholarship – Seoul National University Scholarships 2023 in South Korea
British Council Korea English Teaching Jobs:
The main goal is to improve the skills and knowledge of teachers in our teaching center, so they can provide high-quality education. British Council Korea wants to make sure that the teaching and learning of English is excellent and effective. Their aim is to create an enjoyable and interesting experience for students learning English. Also, want to contribute to the broader mission of the British Council and its efforts to promote cultural relations.
Host Country: Korea
Host Organization: British Council
Duration: 24 Months
Renewable Period: 1 Year
Contract Hours: 38 Per week
Contract Teaching Hours: 24 +2 substition
Check these opportunities in Korea:
British Council Korea English Teaching Jobs Overview:
- The British Council Korea is looking for a skilled and passionate Young Learner teacher to join our teaching team.
- Seeking candidates who possess strong professional abilities, are open to learning and growing, and work well as part of a team.
- The ideal candidate should be comfortable teaching various age groups, ranging from 4 to 17 years old, and have experience teaching students at different levels, from beginners to advanced learners.
- Previous experience in teaching phonics and literacy is also preferred.
Benefits of British Council Korea English Teaching Jobs:
Range: KRW 2,493,148 – KRW 3,123,233 (Based on qualifications and experience)
35 days of paid leave per year, 14 public holidays per year
Housing support is provided for non-F-type visa holders. Accommodation support may be considered at the discretion of the British Council for other circumstances
All British Council teachers and their dependents are registered with Allianz Partners for medical cover. Teachers are responsible for an annual deductible of £150 for each claim
Settling-in Allowance: (for teachers recruited from outside Korea)
Two weeks’ salary allowance for single teachers. Three weeks’ salary allowance for teachers with a partner, spouse, or dependents. Up to two weeks of hotel accommodation/quarantine and subsistence upon arrival
Baggage Allowance: (for teachers recruited from outside Korea)
Accountable baggage allowance of £1,200 for single teachers. Accountable baggage allowance of £2,000 for staff with accompanying partner and/or children
Travel Allowance: (for teachers recruited from outside Korea)
Economy class airfare from London to Seoul at the start of the contract (for UK recruits). Economy class airfare from Seoul to London at the end of a successful contract completion. Spouse, partner, and/or children recognized via the Family Certificate and Partner Declaration Form will also receive airfare coverage.
Eligibility Criteria for British Council Korea English Teaching Jobs:
- Must have an undergraduate/university degree.
Completion of TEFL-I certification, such as CELTA or Trinity qualification.
- Obtaining advanced certifications like Cambridge DELTA or Trinity Diploma.
- Holding a PGCE in Primary/Secondary education or an equivalent qualification.
- Possessing CELTYL or TYLEC certification.
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience after receiving the certificate (CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL).
- Experience teaching in different age groups.
Can also have Online Teaching Experience:
Experience in teaching Young Learners online.
High level of English proficiency, demonstrating full mastery across all four skills (CEFR C2 level). Achieving an IELTS Band 9 score in each of the four sections of the academic module.
- Hold a passport from one of the recognized English-speaking countries: UK, Ireland, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa.
- Candidates with an F-visa can apply if they have a university degree from one of the mentioned countries.
- Provide an original undergraduate/MA degree certificate from one of the recognized English-speaking countries.
- Obtain an apostilled/verified criminal record check from their country of nationality.
- Submit required documentation for obtaining local police checks from previous countries of employment, reference checks, employment checks, and qualification checks for the past 10 years.
- Pass a medical check-up in Korea, which includes an HIV and drugs test.
How to Apply:
To apply for English teaching jobs at the British Council Korea, the process involves submitting an online application through their official website. After selecting a teaching position, applicants will be prompted to complete an online application form, which usually includes providing personal details, educational qualifications, work experience, and relevant supporting documents. It is essential to carefully review the job requirements and tailor the application materials accordingly.
The application deadline to apply is 30th June 2023.
For more information regarding British Council Korea English Teaching Jobs, check here.