When applying for an international scholarship or job, it is important to have a strong curriculum vitae (CV) that highlights your academic achievements, work experience, and personal accomplishments. Here are some tips on how to write a CV for an international scholarship:
Start with a strong introduction: Begin your CV with a clear and concise introduction that includes your name, contact information, and a brief summary of your education and career goals.
Highlight your academic achievements: Provide a detailed list of your academic qualifications, including your degrees, grades, and any awards or honors you have received. It is also important to include any research experience, publications, or presentations that you have completed.
Emphasize your work experience: If you have any relevant work experience, highlight your responsibilities and accomplishments in each position. This will show the scholarship committee that you have practical skills and can apply your knowledge in a professional setting.
Include any relevant skills or certifications: If you have any special skills or certifications that are relevant to the scholarship, make sure to include them in your CV. This could include language proficiency, computer skills, or any other certifications that demonstrate your knowledge and abilities.
Highlight your personal accomplishments: Finally, make sure to include any personal accomplishments that are relevant to the scholarship. This could include volunteer work, community service, or any other activities that demonstrate your commitment to helping others and making a positive impact in the world.
Overall, your CV should be well-organized, easy to read and highlight your strengths and qualifications. Be sure to tailor your CV to the specific scholarship you are applying for and use a professional format and tone. Good luck with your application!
Check this – Recommendation Letter for Scholarships
#1 Example of How to write a CV:
Name: John Doe
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +1 (555) 555-5555
- Address: 123 Main Street, Anytown USA
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Anytown University, 2017-2021
- GPA: 3.9/4.0
- Relevant coursework: Programming, Algorithms, Data Structures, Operating Systems, Computer Networks, Software Engineering
- High School Diploma, Anytown High School, 2013-2017
- GPA: 4.0/4.0
- Dean’s List, Anytown University, Fall 2017 – Spring 2021
- Outstanding Computer Science Student Award, Anytown University, 2021
- Winner of Hackathon Competition, Anytown University, 2019
- Research Assistant, Computer Science Department, Anytown University, 2020-2021
- Co-author of a research paper presented at National Computer Science Conference, 2021
- Software Engineering Intern, ABC Software, Summer 2020
- Worked on developing and testing a new feature for the company’s flagship software product
- IT Helpdesk Assistant, Anytown University, 2019-2021
- Provided technical support to students and faculty on software and hardware issues
- Managed inventory of computer equipment and peripherals
- Operating systems: Windows, Linux, macOS
- Database management: MySQL, MongoDB
- Web development: HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, React
- Language proficiency: English (native), Spanish (fluent)
- Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity, 2018-present
- Volunteer tutor, Anytown Youth Center, 2019-present
- Co-founder and president, Computer Science Club, Anytown University, 2018-2021
- Musician, guitar, and vocals, Anytown Band, 2015-present
References: Available upon request.
#2 Example of How to Write a CV
Here’s an example of a CV for a scholarship application:
Full Name: Address: Phone Number: Email:
- [Year – Year] Bachelor of Science in Biology, XYZ University, GPA: 3.9/4.0
- [Year – Year] High School Diploma, ABC High School, GPA: 4.0/4.0
Awards and Honors:
- [Year] Dean’s List, XYZ University
- [Year] National Merit Scholarship, ABC High School
- [Year] Valedictorian, ABC High School
- [Year – Year] Research Assistant, XYZ University, assisting with data collection and analysis for a study on the effects of climate change on bird populations
- [Year] Independent Research Project, investigating the impacts of microplastics on marine life, presenting findings at XYZ conference
- [Year – Year] Volunteer, at local animal shelter, assisting with animal care and adoption events
- [Year – Year] Member, XYZ Club, participating in community service events and fundraisers
- [Year – Year] Captain, ABC High School Volleyball Team, leading team to the regional championship
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Dr. Jane Smith, Professor of Biology, XYZ University
- Ms. Sarah Johnson, Supervisor at ABC High School
This CV highlights the applicant’s academic achievements, research experience, extracurricular activities, and relevant skills. It also includes references who can speak to the applicant’s qualifications and character. Be sure to tailor your CV to the specific scholarship requirements and guidelines.
Check these latest scholarships: